Friday, April 25, 2008

Snipes Gets 3 Years? Is It Really Fair?

Okay first, I am NO Wesley Snipes fan by any means, but what the hell man? So let me get this straight, Snipes get 3 years for tax evasion and Paris Hilton gets what? I know it's apples and oranges when it comes to what they were both tried for, but what's worse? I don't see Snipes being an evader as being worse than some highly celebrated coke whore that didn't even finish high school driving under the influence. On top of that, why now do we start with Snipes being the one to start making examples with? They were really proud of making that known, so does this mean that EVERY celebrity from now on will get the Maximum? Or is it that we only do this for tax cheats? Am I the only one that sees the screwed logic in this? If anything the punishment should fit the crime in this case by hitting him with huge fines. The co-defendants got it worse by getting over 4years and 10 for the other, who were really to blame for this whole thing. Was Snipes ignorant? Yes, but does it warrant jail time? So many questions rattling in my head over this one...and, I HATE CELEBRITY GOSSIP!

1 comment:

Chatterness said...

I was appalled that he got 3 years. That's insane, but he's the scapegoat.