Saturday, February 7, 2009

How Old School Are You?




I say I am most definitely old school. For instance, when posting or commenting on blogs or anywhere else, you will NEVER catch me LOL-ing or WTF-ing(except for now for demonstration purposes), I dare you to try and prove otherwise. Not even when I text message people. I just can't seem to do it. I did it one time only(it was a WTF) and that was MANY years ago when I did a "reply to all" on a work email message that got the attention of my supervisor who didn't know whether she was supposed to laugh hysterically or to discipline me. She chose the first as she tried to do the latter and couldn't do it with a straight face. As you can see, I have been evaluating myself lately and this is what I have come up with for starters. I shun new music releases, well you have to admit, music these days isn't even worth stealing. I must also admit that my taste in clothes may be a bit off or too basic to some. I don't see how anyone can wear flare leg jeans, it just doesn't look manly. Want a good laugh, watch the old 007 movies, you'll piss yourself silly checking out all those threads and that is what today's style is based on. I have other examples but, DAMN.

Look, I'm not pissing on anybody's choices or anything, that's all up to you folk. I just wonder if I'm the only one that's THIS old school. If anyone out there is 37 or less, let's hear how old school YOU are. Really, I need to hear this. By the way, you should see my Reebok high tops.

I'm the Complaint Department Manager and I approve this old school message, like totally.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Like totally man, I remember all that crap. Where the heck did you find high tops? I've bee looking for a pair for years.

I also perfer basic clothes that FIT. I can't stand baggy on me or looking at other people. I dispise flare legs. I am going to really hate it when I have my professional lisence adn have to wear real clothes. Sigh.

I just make the marker, I'm 37

Anonymous said...

Shit, I'd better hurry and answer this...I'll only be 37 or less until next week! A week from today I'll be 38! What are you getting me for my birthday? ;-)

I guess I'm old school...I have a record player AND a ton of vinyl to play. :-)

dr sardonicus said...

I went past 37 long ago. I'm so old school I remember when it wasn't old school...

MJ said...

Kim, You are almost catching up with me. I still have clothes when it was old school. Music today Sucks!

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

Old school? Let's see. I don't like hip hop and could'nt name a single song from one of today's popular artists. I hate flare legs too (they make my trollesque figure look even dumpier). I'm obsessed with the music I loved in high school (all that 80s new wave stuff like Depeche Mode and The Cure). I have DVDs of Sesame Street from the earliest season along with The Muppet Show. I'm 38. I'll be a year older this year. I think I'll stop getting older after my next birthday.

It's Me said...

I'm so old school I still dance to the Jackson 5!! I still believe the Pope will punish you if you misbehave. I still dream of pick up sticks. I wish and pray the "milkman" would deliver me vanilla ice cream.

Jason said...

Unfortunately, I'm one year past your deadline or I'd talk all about my hours wasted on Intellivision and Colecovision.