Saturday, May 16, 2009

Church Children...

My doorbell just rang and when I answered the door I encountered a child who was all dressed up in his Sunday best. He was from a local church and he was not trying to convert me...I guess they leave that for the parents. No, this child was here to try to sell me coupons for Papa John's as a fundraiser for the church! I told him that I didn't like Papa John's and he told me that I could still give him a donation. Uhhhhh. Right. Why would I give a donation to a random church? The kid didn't even tell me what the fundraiser was for! What are they teaching in churches now? :-o
Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

3 comments:

admin said...

All kinds of charities and organizations are seeing a serious decline in money. I don't like it when they use children to do that, UNLESS it is a fundraiser for children's activities or programming.

It's Me said...

LAND SHARKS!

MJ said...

It wont be too much longer they will just show up at your door with a collection plate or a cup. Did you not realize there are two ways of being good with the lord.
Be good and give all of your money whether you really need to keep it or not.