Friday, August 10, 2007

...But It's a Dry Heat

I actually heard someone say, "yeah, it's hot here , but I sure wouldn't want to be out there in the desert where it's 115." I can tell this much, I've lived in Arizona, Washington(the state), Arkansas, and now here in Ozark, Mo. I will take 115-120 heat out in Arizona or Washington than 90-95 heat in Arkansas or Missouri. Humidity people, that DOES make a difference. I distinctly remember not even a year ago in Spokane where I drove around without the A/C on and saw a bank's sign reading 103. I thought it was way off, at the time, then I get home and later on the news came on and they reported a record 105 for the day! I will be the first to admit that I'm not one to do without A/C in the summer, I just can't take it. When it hits the 80's here, I hit the A/C. I believe that people who make such outlandish statements, as previously mentioned, have never been in desert climate. Anyway, as I said in a previous post, "I can't wait 'til fall." Now THAT is a true statement.

No comments: