Thursday, August 9, 2007

Summer...and Its Fair Weather Friends.

Yes, you know who you are. Those of you while in the dead of winter uttered the phrase,"I just can't wait 'til Summer gets here." Well, here it is and I hope you're happy. I got two words for ya, "Heat Index." The same people who couldn't wait for summer are probably saying they wished fall was here this very moment. Even when the ice storms hit the Springfield, MO area where I live, I was still content with the season. I happen to be a big fan of fall and winter. I'm not much of a fan of spring or summer. I've always said that there were three seasons here in this part of the world; fall, summer and Hell! It just so happens that Hell lasts longer than any of the others. So, for those of you who are HUGE fans of summer and are not so pleased right now, Bite Me! I hope you get heat exhaustion everyday the words "heat index" are used ( notice I didn't say heat stroke as that would be malicious even for me).

No comments: