Sunday, September 23, 2007

Move On from Moveon.org


I know I said I wouldn't get political, but this is going to be more of a complaint of a different sort, so bear with me. Does the moveon.org ad state lies? It's plausible. Does the ad contain truth? Again, it's plausible. Now, what has been done on capital hill since this ad? NOTHING!!! Actually they did manage to pass a resolution to condemn the ad, so what's next, give them the silent treatment and hold a hopscotch tournament? I am so sick of hearing about this crap and nothing getting done, so that is my real complaint. Look, if freedomwatch wants to create ads about how democrats are cross dressers, yet on the flip side, a lot of good legislation gets passed, then have at it. I'm sick of the moveon.org ad turning into a referendum on classified advertising. I really don't pay much attention to moveon or freedomwatch, so I did what a lot of other people should have done, stop eye balling the damn ad and move on already (no pun intended). The more attention you give something, the more power it gets, just like some asshole I wrote about previously (and will remain unnamed). So, if either side just can't seem to get past their childish antics, ignore them and get something constructive done. I'm still waiting on that heath care plan I've heard so much about and yet have seen so little.

No comments: