Sunday, September 9, 2007

Rain of Terror

In southwest Missouri, the summer was mostly dry, not to mention hotter than the outer layers of Hell. So when this batch of rain that we have recently been getting was forecasted, it was of course, well received. Now that we have had 5 days of non stop rain, they're begging for it to go away. Make up your mind already! If your looking for the perfect application of rain, your only going to find it in the Pacific Northwest, which oddly enough, does NOT get the most rain in the United States. Of all Places, Mobile, Alabama gets more than twice that of say...the Seattle area. This whole thing reminds me of those fair weather fans of Summer. When it gets here, they're happy but when you get a bit too much or it starts getting extreme, they just want it to end. I've lived in a lot of places in the U.S. and I can say, your not going to find the perfect climate anywhere. Afterall, what is perfect? Let alone the perfect amount of rainfall that is acceptable to the local population. In summary, I'm just saying, be careful what you wish for and stop bitching about rain when your area clearly needs it. Besides, I haven't had a chance to wash my car yet and I had a lot of crusty bugs on the front. This rain will help with the debugging.

1 comment:

The Lorax said...

Here here.

No matter what the weather, someone will be bitching about it.