Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday Morning Television Sucks

Yes, I'm going there. I'm not talking about Meet the Press, This Week With George Stephanopoulos or Face the Nation. I watch those shows and enjoy the content, usually. I'll digress before I get political. A habit I have had for years is immediately turning on the TV when I wake up. Problem is I wake up early enough to hear Robert Hagee's annoying-ass sermons. I don't know if any of you have seen or heard of this guy, but from time to time he puts on a show with an Iraq War background that DOES have political overtones. Separation of church and state, asshole! Watching this crap is like watching FOX News, you can only take so much of that crap before the remote starts screaming your name. There is also a slew of services on TV that just wind up putting me back to sleep. Can't we get some cartoons or something? Give the kids (and some of the bigger kids) something to watch. If you can't go to an actual church for whatever reason, try this: Grab your good book, step outside your front door (or back door if you want) and there you are. You don't have to go to a specific place dressed in your best clothes to show off to the rest of the flock. I've gotta run, I think ther's a bush out in my yard that just caught fire, I'll be back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always enjoyed "Sunday Morning" on CBS...